Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hydrated





"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming..."WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
 ~author unknown

I live by this quote and so does my Nalgene
Every nick, scratch, dent, and scar has a story worth telling and so does my body.
We're both made up of about 75% water, sometimes more/less depending on my thirst.
We both love nature and do what we can to cut back on plastic waste.
As I travel and discover I get pictures, my Nalgene gets stickers. We both like to remember where we've been and what we've done.
We both call ourselves indestructible but we know that we have our breaking points.

The larger cultural influence of my Nalgene tells a story of technology and conservation. The bottle is technologically advanced compared to it's disposable plastic predecessors. Made of polycarbonate, the bottle is heat and impact resistant. Polycarbonate is also extremely resistant to absorbing stains or flavors. With Americans using around 2,500,000 plastic beverage bottles an hour and throwing away (NOT RECYCLING) most of them, we as a planet are in a need for an alternative and Nalenes provide that alternative. I refill my nalgen about twice a day, I drink and therefore save the equivalent of 4 disposable plastic bottles a day. 

No comments: